In 2011 Hitworks presented at Interactive Minds in Brisbane on the topic of Conversion Optimisation. Five years later, we were amazed at how relevant these points were! Here they are with no changes. Oldies but goodies – 10 ways to optimise your conversion rate on your eCommerce store.
1. Call to Action – eg Shop Now, Buy Now, Sign up Now! – Make the call simple, clear and unambiguous, so that your customers are in no doubt as to what you want them to do.
2. Minimise links taking traffic off your site – You have probably worked or paid hard to get qualified traffic to your site, don’t make it easy for them to jump off somewhere else.
3. Product/Promotion/Price – It’s all about the deal, on-line consumers are driven by great products at fantastic prices – even if they don’t buy, the promotion will hook them into your site.
4. High Quality Imagery – Ensure your product photos are the best quality you can afford with good “zoom” functionality. It reduces the consumers fear of uncertainty.
5. Personal Recommendations – Consumers are influenced by product feedback, even more so if it comes from within their social network. Ensure you use product review tools and your social network.
6. Easy Check-out – Ensure your check-out process is as simple, secure and efficient as possible. This reduces “cold feet” during the cash extraction process!
7. On-site Chat – On-line customer service provides the opportunity to answer queries and cross and up-sell.
8. Cross Sell/Up Sell – e.g. People who bought this also bought, complete the look and get 10% off your total purchase – use your site to maximise sales for you.
9. Customer Feedback – use tools like Kampyle.com and Facebook to get feedback from your customers. They’re always right, right?
10. Search and filter easily – implement a great category structure and search facility to allow customers to quickly find what they want.